- Victorian Epicure Inc., and our catalogue division, Epicure Selections®, is a 100% Canadian-owned and operated, woman-led company.
- Victorian Epicure Inc. was founded in 1991 in Victoria, BC, by Sylvie Rochette.
- In 1996, we created our catalogue division, Epicure Selections®, following a party plan direct sales model to distribute Victorian Epicure’s™ quality products.
- Victorian Epicure Inc. and Epicure Selections® offer the finest quality food products, using the best ingredients available in today’s world market.
- With an initial offering of 4 spice blends, Victorian Epicure Inc. now manufactures and markets more than 320 top-quality spice blends and professional quality cookware.
- Victorian Epicure Inc.’s Home Office production and distribution facility occupies 80 acres of designated Agricultural Land Reserve property on Vancouver Island.
- Victorian Epicure Inc. and Epicure Selections® are deeply committed to Corporate Social Responsibility. We are a proud member of Imagine Canada, a non-profit organization promoting the interests of Canadian charities through corporate philanthropy.
- Created in 2007, The Epicure Foundation™ is our non-profit charitable division dedicated to enhancing the lives of Canadians through education and poverty relief, with a focus on supporting grass-roots community initiatives and organizations working to ensure food security in Canadian communities.
- Epicure’s public website features company info and news, product information, searchable recipe database, shop online, and information on how to locate a Consultant, host an Epicure Tasting Party™, or pursue a rewarding career with Epicure.
- Epicure now supports upwards of 15,000 Consultants, their Hostesses and their Customers all across Canada, and over 140 Home Team Members at our Home in North Saanich.
- With no quotas, territories, or glass ceilings, our Consultants can and do earn an annual income of more than $300,000 with their Epicure businesses.
- Epicure Selections® is the largest Canadian direct sales company in Canada.
1991 — In the Beginning. Sylvie Rochette begins a spice blend company, Victorian Epicure Inc., to distribute a unique line of 4 products at local Vancouver Island markets and then trade shows across the country.
1997 — Birth of Epicure Selections™. Our catalogue division follows a party-plan direct sales model to distribute Victorian Epicure’s™ 7 dip mixes, 9 spice blends, teas, and accessories.
1998 — Our Growing Family. Independent Epicure Consultants attend Epicure Selections® first annual National Conference in Victoria, BC. Epicure Selections® introduces the Hostess Benefits Program and adds cookware to our14 Epicure spice blends.
1999 — Team Epicure. Epicure’s Home Team begins participating in the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation’s CIBC Run for the Cure. Epicure Selections® introduces a bi-monthly newsletter to keep Consultants informed and recognize their achievements.
2000 — Sowing the Seeds. Epicure Selections® introduces a healthful Fundraiser product for Consultants to raise money for groups and charities in their communities. Epicure products obtain Kosher certification and the product line grows to 19 global seasonings. Epicure Selections® includes cookware products in the Hostess Benefits program.
2001 — Celebrating Success. Victorian Epicure Inc. recognizes 10 years with an ever-expanding product line. Epicure Selections® celebrates 4 years in direct sales with our first Consultant incentive trip to New Orleans.
2002 — Building on Great Taste. The number of Independent Consultants continues to grow. The fifth National Annual Conference moves from the kitchen table to the boardroom table. Epicure Selections® becomes a member of Imagine Canada, a non-profit organization that promotes the interests of Canadian charities through corporate philanthropy.
2003 — Through the Grapevine. Epicure buys 80 acres of designated Agricultural Land Reserve property on Vancouver Island’s Saanich Peninsula for Epicure’s Home Office production and distribution facilities. We plant our first 3,000 Pinot Noir vines. Epicure introduces the Thunderbird pin, recognizing our new Unit Leaders for their courage, perseverance, loyalty, and grace.
2004 — Beyond Borders. Sylvie Rochette volunteers her services in Madagascar with Dentists without Borders and sponsors a large local family. Epicure Selections’® charitable contributions increase to 3.52 per cent of pre-tax profits. Epicure vineyard flourishes and Epicure’s product line expands. Home Office adds a second shipping and distribution warehouse. Epicure Selections® introduces the Caring and Sharing Award to recognize the exceptional contributions of our Consultants.
2005 — Reaping what we Sow. First grape harvest. Epicure Selections® launches the Make Poverty History campaign, distributing bracelets and matching Consultants’ November Food Bank contributions. Epicure Selections® increases charitable contributions to 5 per cent of pre-tax profits. Sylvie expands aid in Madagascar, sponsoring a medical dispensary for an entire village.
2006 — Cultivating Abundance. Epicure’s family of Consultants grows. Epicure’s product line expands and transitions to an exclusive line of Epicure cookware. Epicure Selections® offers three full catalogues per year along with nation-wide Product Launches. Epicure Selections® launches the Share Your Abundance bracelet campaign to support the Canadian Association of Food Banks. Epicure Selections® reaches a new record for charitable contributions and sponsors our eighth child through World Vision.
2007 — Taking the Lead. Victorian Epicure Inc. and Epicure Selections® formally launch the Corporate Social Responsibility program, ensuring we conduct business with social and environmental accountability. Home Office implements a comprehensive recycling and waste management program and begins several species and ecosystem restoration projects on our property. Victorian Epicure Inc. launches the Epicure Foundation™, a charitable division dedicated to supporting community initiatives through funding and in-kind donations. Epicure Foundation™ launches our first annual Community Initiative National Grant Program. Epicure Selections® celebrates its 10th Anniversary.
2008 — The Gift of Epicure™ The Epicure Foundation’s™ Community Initiative National Grant Program allocates more than $40,000 in funding and in-kind donations to grassroots food security initiatives across Canada. Victorian Epicure Inc. launches the Epicure Services division to best meet the needs of our growing community of Epicure Consultants. The Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce recognizes Victorian Epicure Inc.’s commitment to offering an outstanding work environment with the2008 Employer of the Year Crystal Award for Business Excellence. Epicure vineyard hosts Farm Folk/City Folk Society’s annual Feast of Fields event to educate the public about local food sources.
2009 - Soaring Success. The Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce again recognizes Victorian Epicure Inc.’s outstanding business achievements and commitment to providing an exceptional work environment with the2009 Business of the Year and2009 Employer of the Year Crystal Awards for Business Excellence. Victorian Epicure also won the Business of the Year (76+ employees) at theVictoria Chamber of Commerce 2009 Greater Victoria Business Awards. We now have more than 190 Epicure spice blends and cookware products and over 6,000 Independent Epicure Consultants nationwide.
2010 — Back to Basics. Epicure takes National Conference 2010 to Calgary with 500 Consultants in attendance. 47 Consultants achieve the “Feel the Warmth” Incentive Trip to Jamaica. The Everyday Epicure blog is launched and the number of Home Team Members expands to 151. Epicure issues grants totaling $25,000 through the Community Initiative National Grant Program and distributes an additional $5,500 in cookware to organizations across the country.
2011 — Discover Flavour. With 219 food products and 100 cookware items, the company’s offerings expand to meet high demands. 48 Consultants and Leaders earn a luxury trip to St. Lucia. Epicure’s National Conference travels to Quebec, Sylvie Rochette’s home province, and offers French language services for the first time, marking our growing French-Canadian Consultant base. Epicure welcomes 2,000 new Consultants. A record-breaking 80 Consultants earn the Making Magic Disneyland Incentive Trip. Sylvie launches Sylvie’s Epicure Blog in English and French and we reached 20,000 fans on Facebook. The fruits of the Domaine Rochette Winery hit local shelves for the first time. The number of Home Team Members expands to 175.
2012 — Happy Birthday Bash. Epicure Selections® celebrates 15 years of direct selling success with 1000 Consultants at Epicure’s largest Conference in our home town of Victoria, BC. Nationwide, our Consultant base grows to upwards of 15,000. To support our growth and theirs, we launch a new Home Team job opportunity website, a new Consultant website, a Domaine Rochette website for sales of our estate-grown wines, and offer personal e-commerce Consultant websites.
We look back on our milestones with pride and look forward to our future contributions to the lives and communities of Canadians with commitment, confidence, and a lot of love.
“From a payroll of one – me! – Epicure has grown to benefit countless Canadians. I am so proud of the incredible contribution we can and do make to lives and communities across Canada!” — Sylvie Rochette, President and Founder
Back to top