Epicure's Poached Pears with Chocolate Sauce
Cost Per Serving: 1.07
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1 Epicure's Cinnamon Stick, broken in half
- 1 Epicure's Star Anise
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced in half vertically
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) whipping cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Epicure's Dark Belgian Chocolate
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in Epicure’s 8-cup Multi-Purpose Pot. Heat to a gentle simmer and add pears. Poach for approximately 10 minutes, or until just fork tender. For best results, regularly turn pears and spoon syrup over the top.
2. Meanwhile, combine Belgian Chocolate and whipping cream in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Stir and continue to carefully microwave for short periods until chocolate is just melted. Keep a careful watch and stir regularly to prevent chocolate from burning.
3. With a slotted spoon, remove pears from poaching liquid and drizzle with melted chocolate.
Per Serving : Calories 210, Fat 10 g (Saturated 5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 5 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 26 g), Protein 2 g.
Tips: Pears can be prepared ahead of time and stored in poaching liquid. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
June 08, 2011