Classic Holiday Gingerbread Cookies
These cookies make fragrant Christmas tree decorations. Simply cut a hole in unbaked cookie with a plastic straw. Bake, thread with ribbon, and hang!
Cost Per Serving: 0.06
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 - 12 minutes
- 3 C (750 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Epicure Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Epicure Gingerbread Spices
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/2 C (125 ml) butter
- 1/2 C (125 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C (125 ml) molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
2. Whisk first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream butter with sugar in a second mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses.
4. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until well-combined.
5. Form dough into a ball, cut in half and form each half into a flattened disc. Chill for 30 minutes.
6. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/8"–1/4" (3–6 mm). Cut into desired shapes and place on Epicure Baking Sheet.
7. Bake for 10–12 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Per Serving (1 cookie) : Calories 50, Fat 1.5 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 35 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 1 g.
Tips: Gingerbread House: This dough makes a great base for a DIY gingerbread house. Roll into squares, rectangles, triangles and other fanciful shapes!
September 01, 2009