Brining: Asian Fusion Brined Turkey
- 1 C Kosher or coarse salt
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 16 C water
- 1/4 C Crystallized Ginger
- 1 piece Epicure's Star Anise
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Epicure's Asian Stir-fry Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Epicure's Teriyaki Rub
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 16 C ice water
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in an Epicure's Pasta Pot and simmer over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until salt and sugar have dissolved.
2. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until ready to use.
3. When ready to brine turkey, stir ice water into prepared brine.
View Epicure's How to Brine and Cook a Turkey for more information and complete instructions.
If you prefer turkey without skin, spread Epicure's Teriyaki Rub underneath skin before cooking - for maximum flavour without all the fat.
Per Serving : Calories 0, Fat 0 g (Saturated 0 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 0 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 0 g.
Tips: Preparation Tip: You may halve or double the brine. The important thing is to prepare enough to cover the turkey entirely. Allow enough preparation time to ensure the turkey is fully thawed and brine is cold before using.
Frequently Asked Questions about Turkey Brining