Epicure's Taco Filling
Reduce your sodium intake with Epicure’s Taco Seasoning: 1 tsp (5 ml) contains only 10 mg of sodium! Store-bought brands can contain as much as 22 times that amount: 240 mg per 1 tsp (5 ml)!
Cost Per Serving: 1.42
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Epicure's Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
1. Brown beef with Taco Seasoning in Epicure's Eclipse® Coated Professional Frying Pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add water. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Serve in a bowl alongside other taco toppings.
Per Serving : Calories 150, Fat 5 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0.4 g), Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 95 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 23 g.
Tips: Creative Cooking: Try this recipe with ground chicken, turkey, or soy for a vegetarian-friendly version.
Serving Suggestion: Let everyone make their own! Serve whole-grain tortillas or taco shells with shredded lettuce, Epicure’s Salsa, Epicure's Guacamole, grated low-fat cheese, and diced tomatoes. Serve fresh veggies and prepared Epicure’s Dip to munch on while you make up your tacos.
February 02, 2010