Epicure’s Grilled Summer Vegetables
Cost Per Serving: 1.50
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 - 8 minutes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into thick strips
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced 1/4” (0.6 cm) thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4” (0.6 cm) thick
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 - 2 Tbsp (15 - 30 ml) Epicure's Garlicky Dill Topper
- Epicure's Sea Salt, to taste
- Epicure's Black Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
2. Toss vegetables with oil. Place in Epicure’s Rectangular Mesh Grilling Pan.
3. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn using Epicure’s Locking Silicone Tongs. Continue cooking to lightly char vegetables, shaking pan frequently.
4. Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar. Liberally shake Tuscan Rub overtop and season with Sea Salt and Black Pepper. Remove from heat and serve.
This recipe provides almost 2 servings of the recommended 8 servings of fruit and veggies.
Per Serving : Calories 100, Fat 7 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 5 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 3 g.
Tips: Creative Cooking: Use your favourite Epicure Rub instead of Tuscan Rub.
Chef Tip: Other vegetables that are delicious grilled include mushrooms, eggplant, asparagus, and even green onions.
Make Ahead: Grilling vegetables takes a little time, so make a big batch and enjoy for a few days as a side dish, pizza topping, in a salad or for a rustic grilled sandwich. Perfect for pastas, omelettes and quiches.
Serving Suggestion: Finely chop these delicious grilled veggies for bruschetta, burger toppings and smoky salsas!
June 14, 2010