“Skinny” Fettuccine Alfredo
A typical serving of Alfredo sauce can have as much as 50 g fat per serving. This “skinny” version has only 4.5 g fat per serving!
Cost Per Serving: 1.15
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 - 7 minutes
- 12 oz (340 g) fettuccine or linguine
- 1 C 2% cottage cheese
- 1/3 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Epicure's Seasoning for Cheese, Chives & Bacon Dip
- Epicure's Sea Salt , to taste
- Epicure's Black Pepper , to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, purée cottage cheese in food processor until smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients and pulse to combine.
4. Add cheese mixture to cooked pasta. Return to heat, stirring
constantly for 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Per Serving : Calories 400, Fat 4.5 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 440 mg, Carbohydrate 68 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 23 g.
Tips: Serve with steamed veggies and grilled chicken.
April 29, 2010