Epicure's Pumpkin Cheesecake
A decadent twist on traditional pumpkin pie. Perfect for holiday entertaining, or any occasion that calls for a delicious cheesecake finish.
Cost Per Serving: 1.69
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups (330 ml) graham wafer crumbs
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- 2 — 8 oz (250 g) pkgs cream cheese
- 1 pkg Epicure's What's for Dessert? Pumpkin Cheesecake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 — 14 oz (398 ml) can pure pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C).
2. Prepare crust by combining graham wafer crumbs with butter. Press into Epicure’s 9" (23 cm) Eclipse® Coated Cheesecake Pan.
3. Prepare filling by blending cream cheese with What's for Dessert? Pumpkin Cheesecake Mix until smooth.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then beat in pumpkin until smooth.
5. Spoon over crust. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Remove, cool to room temperature, and refrigerate before serving.
Pumpkin is a good source of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that can boost immunity and aid in the prevention of cancer and heart disease.
Per Serving : Calories 250, Fat 11 g (Saturated 6 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 290 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 22 g), Protein 7 g.
Tips: Chef Tip: Place a pan of water in the bottom of the oven to promote even baking and to reduce cracking.
Epicure’s Individual Pumpkin Cheesecakes: Double the package recipe for the graham crust. Divide and press mixture over bottom and partially up the side of 8 crème brûlée dishes. Prepare filling according to package directions. Divide and spoon over crusts. Bake as directed above for 20 minutes.
Time-saving Tip: Use two store-bought graham wafer crumb pie shells. Divide filling between shells and bake as instructed for 30 minutes.
September 01, 2010