Epicure's 1, 2, 3 Wacky Chocolate Cake
Kids love making this easy-bake cake!
Cost Per Serving: 0.69
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
2. Sift first 6 ingredients into a 9” x 9” (23 cm x 23 cm) cake pan. Bang the pan on the counter and shake back and forth to level ingredients.
3. Make 3 hollows in the mixture with a wooden spoon. Pour Vanilla Extract into one, vinegar into another and butter into the third.
4. Pour buttermilk over all. Stir until well-blended and no flour shows. Bang the pan on counter again to level batter.
5. Bake 30 minutes and leave in pan to cool.
6. Sift icing sugar over cake with a strainer.
Per Serving : Calories 270, Fat 12 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0.3 g), Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 450 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 20 g), Protein 4 g.
Tips: Chef Tip: No buttermilk? No problem! Combine 1 cup (250 ml) milk and 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice or vinegar and let stand 5 minutes. Voilà!
Serving Suggestion: Enjoy with ice cream.
December 30, 2010