Epicure’s Watermelon, Feta and Spinach Salad
The freshness of watermelon paired with the saltiness of feta makes a winning combination.
Cost Per Serving: 1.43
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup (250 ml) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Epicure’s Tzaziki Dip Mix
- 1/4 watermelon, cut into triangles
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) pitted black olives – optional
- Epicure’s Sea Salt, to taste
- Epicure’s Pepper, to taste
- 8 cups (2 L) baby spinach
- 1/2 head radicchio, thinly sliced – optional
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup (60 - 80 ml) prepared Epicure's Dressing – your choice
1. Toss feta with Tzaziki Dip Mix.
2. In a large bowl, toss watermelon with cucumber, onion, olives, Sea Salt and Pepper. Add spinach and radicchio.
3. Drizzle with prepared Dressing and toss to mix.
Watermelon is a good source of Vitamin C and contains the antioxidant lycopene, which provides cancer protection.
Per Serving : Calories 100, Fat 7 g (Saturated 0 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 290 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 7 g), Protein 5 g.
Tips: Creative Cooking: For a twist, try Epicure’s Pesto Herb Mix or Epicure’s Bruschetta Herbs instead of Tzaziki Dip Mix.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with grilled fish and whole-grain pita wedges.
June 22, 2011