Epicure's Slow-cooked Saucy Pot Roast
Cook once, eat twice. Make a big batch and enjoy Pot Roast Pasta tomorrow!
Cost Per Serving: 1.98
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
- 4 cups (1 L) sliced mushrooms
- 4 carrots, thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 — 5.5 oz (156 ml) cans tomato paste
- 1 — 28 oz (796 ml) can plum tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Epicure’s Sun-dried Tomato & Herb Dip Mix
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Epicure’s Seasoning for Meatloaf
- 2 - 3 tsp (10 - 15 ml) sugar
- 4 lb (2 kg) beef pot roast (cross-rib or blade)
- Epicure’s Sea Salt, to taste
- Epicure’s Pepper, to taste
1. Place mushrooms, carrots, garlic, celery, and tomato paste into a slow cooker. Add tomatoes and, using your hands, gently break them up. Stir in seasonings and sugar.
2. Season beef with Sea Salt and Pepper, and place in slow cooker. Spoon liquid overtop.
3. Cover and cook about 6 hours on high or 10 hours on low, until beef is fork-tender.
4. Thickly slice beef and serve, using about 1/3 of the sauce.
Per Serving : Calories 490, Fat 28 g (Saturated 11 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 46 g.
Tips: Leftover Makeover: Pot Roast Pasta Sauce - Purée remaining sauce. Shred any leftover beef and stir into sauce.
October 22, 2011