Epicure’s Bubbly Fresca
Using juice or sparkling lemonade makes this kid-friendly. Try it with sparkling wine for the adults.
Cost Per Serving: 0.60
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) sugar
- 1/2 pkg Epicure’s Agua Fresca Drink Mix
- 4 cups (1 L) sparkling lemonade or 1 bottle sparkling wine, well-chilled
1. In Epicure’s Multi-Purpose Pot, stir water with sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer until sugar has dissolved, 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in Agua Fresca. Let stand 10 minutes, then strain. (Tip: keep a few hydrated flowers for garnish.) Cool syrup completely before using. It will keep well, refrigerated, at least 1 month.
3. When ready to serve, pour about 1 Tbsp (15ml) syrup into bottom of each flute. Top with sparkling wine. If you wish, garnish each with a few Agua Fresca flowers.
Per Serving : Calories 80, Fat 0 g (Saturated 0 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 2 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 19 g), Protein 0.1 g.
November 22, 2011