Epicure's Crab and Lemon Dilly Pasta
Using whole-wheat pasta is a great way to boost daily fibre.
Cost Per Serving: 4.38
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 - 15 minutes
- 1 lb (450 g) pasta
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Epicure's Lemon Dilly Dip Mix
- 2 — 4 oz (120 ml) cans crab meat, drained
- Epicure's Sea Salt, to taste
- Epicure's Black Pepper, to taste
1. In Epicure's Pasta Pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in Epicure's Eclipse® Coated Professional Frying Pan. Cook pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, Lemon Dilly Dip Mix and crab. Cook only until crab is heated through.
3. Season to taste with Sea Salt and Black Pepper. Add reserved pasta water for additional moisture. Toss with hot pasta and serve.
Per Serving : Calories 550, Fat 9 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 300 mg, Carbohydrate 89 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 29 g.
Tips: Flavour Changer: Substitute crab with thinly sliced, cooked chicken breast.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with steamed in-season veggies, spiced up with Epicure’s Sansels.
November 01, 2010